MORE ON THE garden’s progress – The beds south of the beans and such are only partly planted, with Provider bush beans, spuds, onions, lettuce etc. Still to come in those plots are horticulture beans, peppers, more eggplants, okra and the like. The garden arch is up (more recycled and bent cattle panels) awaiting the Kentucky Wonders and Rattlesnake pole beans. If time and weather permit, I’ll rehab an area adjacent to the arch and compost bin that is where an ancient and gigantic stump was burned out and has since been a catchment for clumps of fescue and barrels of rocks. Van is bringing his weed eater next week to scalp down the weeds. I’ll throw on some layers of newsprint and a little more dirt, and sow a handful of Cushaws. That’s the “shmoe”-looking squash that is the real source of canned “pumpkin” for pies. Opposite it on the west goes the cattle panel that will bear an unknown number of the fruits of butternut, buttercup and black futsu winter squash.
Listen to Hot New Tunes from my Latest Release
- This New Album – Empty Doors
- Empty Doors – Marideth Sisco and Accomplices
- (no title)
- These Ozark Hills; August 2016
- Fundraiser for Carolyn Colbert
- These Ozark Hills – July 2016
- These Ozark Hills, June 2016
- “Come Set a Spell” Gearing up to Restart!
- These Ozark Hills; March 2016
- These Ozark Hills January 2016
You can get it here, now
Looking for something?
“In These Ozark Hills” CD
These Ozark Hills -the book
Storyteller Marideth Sisco Now Booking