My day job as of last June until year’s end is to assist Kathleen Morrissey in the development of research and information that will be used to complete a feasibility study to determine if our Ozarks Highlands might be eligible for National Heritage Area status. It would let our artists and craftspeople market their wares from one website, and would help people interested in cultural tourism see all the things, people and places this beautiful part of the country has to offer (it ain’t all meth labs, folks. Not even close) Best of all, it doesn’t involve taking property or even putting land under a special designation or rules of any kind. It just certifies that this part of the world is unique and has something to say for itself. Lots of work in the research, since it involves many community meetings and collecting a lot of stories. but the stories themselves and quite wonderful. As jobs go, this one ain’t half bad.
Listen to Hot New Tunes from my Latest Release
- These Ozark Hills; August 2016
- Fundraiser for Carolyn Colbert
- These Ozark Hills – July 2016
- These Ozark Hills, June 2016
- “Come Set a Spell” Gearing up to Restart!
- These Ozark Hills; March 2016
- These Ozark Hills January 2016
- Thee Ozark Hills December 2015
- These Ozark Hills – November 2015
- Ready to Take Orders!
You can get it here, now
Looking for something?
“In These Ozark Hills” CD
These Ozark Hills -the book
Storyteller Marideth Sisco Now Booking